Gasket Plate Heat Exchangers
Our gasketed plate heat exchangers are optimizing heat transfer by large surfaces of corrugated plate drawing heat from one gas or liquid to the other.
The high efficiency and outstanding reliability in a compact design offer an investment with the most attractive CTO over the product lifetime.
Not to forget the energy-saving capabilities and low environmental footprint.
GASKETED PLATE HEAT EXCHANGERS FOR MODERN REQUIREMENTS
- Highest thermal efficiency and close temperature approach.
- Compact units- space saving, easy to service and maintain.
- Maximum uptime- less fouling, stress, wear and corrosion.
- Flexible- easy to adapt to changed duty requirements.
Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers
Alfa Laval copper blazed plate heat exchangers are a compact, efficient and maintenance-free solution for heating, cooling, evaporation and condensing in numerous applications. Each unit is designed for duty optimization, with a range of unique features that ensure both superior thermal performance and maximum reliability. This enables the longest possible service life – even under conditions with extremely high design pressures.
With a robust and reliable construction, Alfa Laval’s comprehensive range of brazed plate technology offers a smart alternative to traditional heat exchangers. The application experience of Alfa Laval’s heating and cooling experts, combined with our continuous innovation in design and manufacturing techniques, ensures you always have access to the most competitive solution available. Example positions for our brazed heat exchangers include air conditioning and process chillers, commercial and industrial refrigeration, district heating and domestic hot water, heat pumps, gas boilers, energy storage, fuel cells, oil and fuel cooling, hydraulics, engine cooling, air compressors, and air driers.
Built with Alfa Laval’s flexible DynaStatic distribution system, which our experts optimize according to your specific application and choice of refrigerant, our AC line of heat exchangers offers top thermal performance in evaporation duties. Combined with the unique FlexFlow asymmetric channel plates, you get the maximum possible efficiency for your system. With the integrated but flexible DynaStatic distribution system, Alfa Laval AC brazed heat exchangers can provide high performance in evaporation and condensing duties. In many cases, this performance can be 20-40% greater than comparable heat exchangers without a distribution system. This offers big advantages both for reversible systems and when defrosting is key to the application. Alfa Laval has specially engineered the AC line for air conditioning/refrigeration chiller applications and heat pump applications. Common duties include dry expansion evaporators for cooling water or glycol, condensers for rejecting or recovering heat to water, economizers, sub coolers, and desuperheaters.
MORE WITH AC:
- DynaStatic and FlexFlow ensure optimal condensation and evaporation efficiency in any application and with any refrigerant.
- As evaporators, AC units handle capacities ranging anywhere from 5kW to 1000kW.
- A true dual-refrigerant circuit system, with three media possible for double compressors.
- Thanks for high pressure resistance, an AC unit with a distributor can also work as a condenser in reversible systems.
- Available with design pressures ranging from 32 to 60 bar, with the same compact footprint and no need for bigger frames or bolts.
High efficiency, superior mechanical resistance, and a compact footprint make Alfa Laval’s CB line of brazed plate heat exchangers ideal for demanding installations where space is limited. That’s why they have become a common replacement for other type of heat exchangers in HVAC duties, refrigeration, process heating and cooling, oil cooling, domestic hot water, solar heating and much more.
Alfa Laval CB brazed heat exchangers offer several advantages over traditional heat exchangers used in industrial, HVAC, and refrigeration installations. Increased thermal efficiency within a compact unit makes it possible to tackle large-capacity duties where installation space is limited. The gasket-free design also allows for reliable performance in high-pressure and high-temperature applications. With a huge range of available sizes, capacities, plate patterns, and connections, along with single-, dual- and multi-pass configurations, the available duties are practically endless. Additionally, CB units are available with AHRI certification as well as major pressure vessel and marine industry approvals.
MORE WITH CB:
- A wide variety of models and configurations make it possible to get the perfect fit for your application and duty.
- Alfa Laval’s asymmetric FlexFlow plate design enables efficient performance with any type of refrigerant or in any liquid-to-liquid application.
- The patented Ice safe design protects CB units from crystal formation in refrigerant condenser duties where defrosting is required.
- For secondary heat exchangers used with gas boilers, Alfa Laval offers a range of extra-small asymmetric CB units.
- One compact design available in models for pressure ranging from 32 to 90 bar.